The government introduced Neighbourhood Plans as part of the landscape of Planning legislation with the Localism Act in Nov 2011.
In Quarndon we launched our Plan in May 2016.
Progress achieved to date has been:
- May 2016: Village open meeting and go ahead agreed
- Jun 2016: Steering Group formed.
- Jul 2016: Quarndon Neighbourhood Plan area designation approved by AVBC
- Aug 2016: Government funding secured for our initial budget and plan
- Aug 2016: Consultant selected – a Neighbourhood Planning specialist to assist us
- 23/24 Sep 2016: Information/Invitation Leaflet to all Quarndon households
- 27 Sep 2016: Opening meeting held with AVBC Planning
- 2, 4 & 6 Oct 2016: Village Hall Drop-In sessions for initial community input
- Nov 2016: Questionnaire to all Quarndon households
- Dec 2016: Stakeholder engagement meetings and Questionnaire returns analysis
Outline plan going forward (page down to see all detail) is:
- 31 Jan & 2 Feb 2017: Feedback meetings for the Parish community
- Feb 2017: Confirm Vision, prioritise issues and develop objectives
- Feb 2017: Launch Housing Needs Assessment (if required)
- Feb 2017: Launch Strategic Enironmental Assessment (if required)
- Feb-Jun 2017: Develop outline Neighbourhood Plan document.
- Jul-Sep 2017: Pre-submission consultation and publicity
- end Sep 2017: Submit NP to Local Authority for examination
- 2018: Formal approval, referendum and implementation of our NP